All pupils are transported to and from home via taxis organised by NYCC Integrated Passenger Transport Group (IPT).
Rigorous procedures are followed to ensure pupil safety at all times, these include (as a minimum):
- all drivers have clearance from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- vehicles are frequently subject to unannounced checks to confirm they meet full DLVA requirements
- an insistence that drivers have radio or mobile phone communication throughout the journey
The IPT will also:
- inform parents and carers which company will be used to transport their child
- provide contact details for the company
- confirm pick up and drop off time
School will make arrangements with parents to inform that pupils have arrived safely and settled into school if this would be helpful during the first few weeks of a placement at the school.
For more information about School Transport please visit : https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/school-transport-reception-year-11-children
In school, Nichola Ward from our admin team looks after transport matters, if you have any queries about your child’s transport please contact Nichola at the school office.